How to be more productive at your work? Since, being productive at work can be challenging, especially if you are a freelancer or working from home (WFH). However, there are some simple steps you can take to increase your productivity.
1. Establish a routine/schedule for yourself and stick to it daily.
2. Take regular breaks throughout the day to help you stay focused and energized. You can also use the POMODORO technique for your work.
3. Make sure you’re organized and have everything you need before you start a task. So you don’t have to waste time searching for required things.
4. Create a comfortable workspace for yourself and never work while laying in bed or any other place other than your workplace (if you are working from home or doing freelancing work from home). Your workspace can help you focus better and whenever you sit there for work, your mind gets alert that it is work time and automatically you start focusing on your work.
5. Dress properly for work, even if you are working from home or doing freelancing work from home. This will tell your subconscious mind that it’s time to work and help you focus better.
6. If you are a freelancer, then allot specific working hours instead of working whenever you get free time. This will set boundaries between your personal and professional life. In addition to it, also take a day off while working as a freelancer to refresh and energize yourself to work for next week.
7. Try to limit distractions from your phone, social media, and other people and focus on completing tasks efficiently. You can keep your phone on DO NOT DISTURB mode or SWITCH OFF the internet for 2 hrs duration.
8. Also, make sure to take care of yourself by getting enough sleep, eating healthy meals, and getting regular exercise to go a long way. Nobody likes a break from work due to bad health now and then since it will make you less productive and slow down your working flow.
Below are some more specific key points to help you become more productive in your work
1. First, set realistic goals, identify tasks that need to be done to achieve those goals, and ensure you create a plan of action to achieve them.
2. Break down large tasks into smaller, more manageable chunks and prioritize the items on the list.
If you find this post helpful, then you will surely love my book on how to set a goal for yourself and get to success. Click the link and buy my book at amazon: GOAL TO SUCCESS
3. Start a day by creating a to-do list that outlines all of the tasks you need to accomplish for the day.
4. Prioritize your tasks/to-do lists and don’t try to tackle too many at once.
5. Time-bound those tasks/to-do lists.
Manage Time Effectively: How to get more out of 24 hours?
6. Finally, stay motivated by setting rewards for yourself when you complete a task from the to-do list and keep track of your progress so you can celebrate your successes.
These were some tips that I find helpful while working as a freelancer. Hope it will be helpful to you too. Please share your thought in the comments and subscribe to this blog.
2 thoughts on “How to be more productive at your work? Productive freelancing or Productive Work From Home Tips for 2023”
Great suggestions for productive work life, thanks for sharing.
glad that you liked it.