If you don’t know the importance of routine and don’t have one and just do things as it comes on your way, then you are wasting a lot of your time during the day. Routine can set a discipline to do things on time. Without routine, you will always be in a dilemma of what to do next. Or worse when you do not feel like doing anything, you will give up and don’t work at all. Without having a routine, you will struggle to do things in spite of having enough time. If you have less time, then you will not able to complete things in time, since you have no idea what to do and when to do it.
Importance/benefits of having a routine
- Routine will help you keep going when things are not going the way you want them to go
- Routine will help you utilize your time well when you have all the time in the world. With the routine by your side, if you have less time, you will still be able to make most of it.
- All daily necessary things will be completed on time like exercise, house hold chores etc.
- Your time will not be wasted, thinking about what to do next.
- Routine will keep you on autopilot mode, and you will keep on doing things one by one.
- With routine, you can plan your break in a better way, and your break duration will be under control.
- Your time and work will be under your control.
How to develop your routine?
It is not that you can observe others’ daily routines and can adapt them to your life. Everyone is different so do their routine. Some people might be morning people and some might be night owls.
To create your routine,
- You have to find out the time when you are most effective in the day.
2. Then create a list of all the important tasks and make a To-Do list
3. Prioritize your tasks within the list with other daily activities.
Hope this post has helped you realize the importance of routine in your daily life. I would love to hear your thoughts on this post, so do write your comments in the comment section of this post. Subscribe to this blog for useful posts straight into your inbox.